John Mease Home Inspections is an independent building property inspection service in the metro Atlanta area. My background includes earning my Engineering degree from The Citadel in 1980. I performed commercial engineering, construction and inspection projects for a Fortune 100 company for fifteen years throughout the Eastern US. Notable Atlanta landmarks – Midtown Plaza, the Marriott Marquis Hotel downtown, the Terraces buildings at the Perimeter, the Cumberland Overlook buildings and River Ridge in Sandy Springs.
My hobby has always been houses and when it came time to find a home and a career to settle into, we chose my wife’s hometown of Atlanta and my hobby. I returned to school to certify for Home Inspections and have performed several thousand private home and building inspections since 1995. My credentials include being code certified for new homes, older homes and commercial buildings by the International Code Council. I also hold the engineering credentials required by several Atlanta metro area new home builders. My Indoor Air Quality Investigator certification is from the Medical University of South Carolina. The state of Georgia does not license Home Inspectors. We must prove our worth on our own.
My professional credentials are listed below with links to their sources:
- Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, The Citadel, 1980.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, Georgia State University
- Indoor Air Quality Investigations, Certificate Number IAQI27120-16716, Medical University of South Carolina.
- Professional Member International Code Council, Member
- Residential Combination Inspector, Certificate Number 5181241-R5 (formerly CABO, now IRC, for new homes)
- Building Inspector, Certificate Number 5181242-B5 (commercial)
- Property Maintenance & Housing Inspector, Certificate Number 5181242-64 (for older homes and investment style properties)
- Commercial Electrical Inspector, Certificate Number 5181242-E2
- Electrical Plans Examiner, Certificate Number 5181242-E3.
- Member, American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., Member
- Business Registration, City of Roswell, Certificate Number 01820.
I carry $1,000,000 in Business Liability Insurance.